In the heart of the Var valley, we enjoy peace and quiet while having access to lots of local distractions :
From the sea :
• Ste Maxime is 35 mn away via a nice road. It’s a very dynamic little town with sand beaches and frequent boat shuttles to St Tropez ( without traffic !)
• Frejus and St Raphaël are 40 mn away. The both offer white sand beaches, ports and a lot of events. The golden see side road, a gorgeous road along the coast with the red stones of Esterel, will lead you to Cannes.
• Cannes, Nice to the east, Toulon Hyères to the west, all under an hour away
From the mountain :
- Les gorges du Verdon, plus grand canyon d’Europe, à 45 mn. Pour randonnées, canoë, kayak sur le lac, visite du village de potiers de Moustiers sainte Marie..
- Le haut Var et ses villages perchés
- Le lac de saint Cassien à 40 mn, baignade, canoë, pédalos, restaurants …
Cultural activities :
The region is rich in vineyards which offer tastings and other events around wine.
Draguignan is only 7 km from La closerie de l’ hermitage. It’s a dynamic city with an old town and theaters, cinemas, auditorium, museums, a festival of dance…
Les Arcs, medieval village with medieval fairies in the summer, flea market every Saturday and the saint Roseline Chapelle, Grasse, well known for the creatives perfumers
Numerous Provencal markets with very typical local products of good quality,
Flea and antiques markets
Golf of Saint Endreol, 20 mn away,
Horseback riding, 10 mn away
Possibility of renting mountain bikes and electric ones…